Let's Work Together
In today's knowledge- and gig-based economy, it's easy to find writers and editors with a range of talents. Finding one person who blends those skills for maximum efficiency? That can be a tougher task. And it's when I'm your gal.
I'm happy to put my years of in-house and agency marketing and publishing experience at your service, whether you need to assign a specific project or you'd like to bring in a little extra boost to help your team. Email me!
- Articles, blog posts, or emails
- Websites or webpages, including navigation and SEO
- Presentations or talking points
- Press releases
Editorial Planning & Editing
- Publication and presentation planning
- Editorial calendar creation and topic selection
- Structural and line editing
- Copyediting and proofreading
- A bridge between information architecture, user experience, and editorial planning
- Content auditing
- Audience personas
- Article, blog, and social media planning
- Taxonomy and tag structure
Consulting & Training
- Cost-efficient solution for small companies, startups, and nonprofits
- Initial task completion with process documentation and staff training
- Periodic brainstorming, advice, or assistance with special projects
- Editorial leadership support during capacity-building periods
Whenever possible, I work on per-project contracts that specify everything you can expect from me, everything I require from you, mutually agreeable deadlines, and a flat rate. Of course, I offer discounts for guaranteed work; for example, an annual contract for multiple projects.
In our initial conversations, whether by email, phone, video, or in person, we'll determine the pricing model that's best for you. That may be a flat rate, a combined project and hourly fee, or even hourly billing.
For planning purposes, I use a typical Monday-to-Friday work week and schedule meetings between about 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Eastern. I do my best to honor requests for quick turnarounds.
In general, I am not available on major U.S. holidays and Bahá’í holy days that fall on weekdays. And, like you, I take vacations and enjoy occasional educational, personal, and family pursuits.
During 2017, my planned "blackout" dates are:
- New Year's Day (observed): Monday, Jan. 2
- Naw-Rúz: Monday, March 20
- First Day of Ridván: Thursday, April 20
- Ninth Day of Ridván: Friday, April 28
- Twelfth Day of Ridván: Monday, May 1
- MFA Graduation (week): Monday, May 22 - Friday, May 26
- Memorial Day: Monday, May 29
- Independence Day: Tuesday, July 4
- Labor Day: Monday, Sept. 4
- Thanksgiving (break): Wednesday, Nov. 22 - Friday, Nov. 24
- Christmas: Monday, Dec. 25